Sunday, June 15, 2008

swimming in a green sea

I wrote this while sitting in my backyard today:
The moving blades of grass and undulating shadows of trees pushed by wind makes it look like an ocean - a sea of green over which I look, Godlike. This is how small I am. To think I reign this small sea that is my backyard shows me what truly is my immediate environment. I wonder why it's so difficult to imagine it - to grasp the completeness of the Universe. Then again, maybe this small green sea is quite magnificent. Maybe the part I reign contains just enough for my mind to completely know and pour my atoms into. The butterflies, insects, microbes, grains of soil and minerals, water, air, atoms and component quarks, everything my green sea contains - I AM. Every natural instinct of the squirrel treading the blades and shadows to get food or leave its mark, is my instinct. Ironic how once you begin to realize how "a part of everything" you are, it's impossible to break away.

Would I rather be separate, or would I prefer immersion?

Question: What would you prefer?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we see through the same eyes.
i prefer immersion.

shruts said...

haha "we see through the same eyes"
..great example of immersion! ;)

*doublethink*