Tuesday, January 09, 2007

*woot*

WOW! School's started!

It's so strange, I had a MAHVELOUS vacation, but honestly, being the gorgeous *bats lashes* nerd that I am, I was ever so slightly tingling with joy at the prospect of more knowledge! *eee* Unfortunately, I only have 11 credit hours *GASPS & FLAILS* ..compared to the 20 I have been taking over the past three years at Western. :o I just look at my schedule and blink. *blinks emptily* THERE'S SOOO MUCH BLANK SPACE! Just pure white, no class names, no shock at seeing a "0" behind the previously three digit class numbers, no catalog numbers, or professor names. Just 4 classes: (in order of interest) Virology, Pchem lab, Spanish Short Stories of the 19th century, and Family and Computer Science..actually the last class is (assumingly) so stupid that I don't even know it's official name. (FCS is just the department) *evil giggle* If my prof were by the non-grace of some noodly appendage reading this I bet he/she is thinking "hmm..let's see how you do." *oops*

In fact, I have so little that I'm actually sitting in Dr. Stapleton's Biochem 2 class (which kicks awesome biochem butt!) ..no, no, I'm not even registered, and don't get ANY credit/grades! Now, THAT is commitment to science babae. ;) (btw..I love science)

Ofcourse, I am teaching a microbiology class, and I was flipping through my old micro lab book and ran across my marvelously separated/tattered, battered with stains page about how to do a gram stain. *o, the memories* *swoons over hot John* *swoons over thoughts of a certain slutty barnacle that inhabited the seat beside me* *swoons over beautiful pink and blue cocci and rods under the microscope* *absolutely fails to swoon over those horrendous creations called bunsen burners*

That was some massive swoonage there. All in all, I'm very excited! And OMG..the new chem building, in which I will have my Pchem lab, Biochem 2 sit-in, and Micro TA is GORGEOUS!!!! It's soooooo beautiful! The organic labs have hoods for EVERY two students! Everything is so beautiful and well organized and neat, clean, and not falling apart due to the effects of gravity into some hideous underground dungeon! (p.s. If anyone wants dibbs into seeing the new building...I'm the go-to person for that. The 'tour' includes an all access pass to the Micro room, and staring through hallway sessions of all other labs and lecture rooms, as well as a marvelous cruise through the bridge connecting Wood hall and what is the new building, the Chemistry Annex) :D

Mis amigos from the lab are going to stop by for dinner hopefully on Friday. *eee* *pees pants* I'm SO excited! :D :D :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to swoon!!! ... *pouts at lack of swooning*

Boomer said...

HOLY CRAP I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE TEACHING A MICRO CLASS!! THAT IS DEAD SEXY. That was perhaps one of my favorite classes--mostly because I got to sit next to you though. ;D

Sitting in Stapleton's Biochem 2 class... that takes nerdiness to a whole new level. All other nerds tremble in your presence. ;)

shruts said...

AHAHAHAAHAH *I remember that!* AHAHAHAHA

*in ominous voice* *BOW DOWN BEFORE ME THEE LESSER NERDS* ;D

Boomer said...

Hah, you're the SuperNerd. ;)