Sunday, January 07, 2007

reality wrote me a check

Yo! Peoples of de' world!

So a wonderful, or not-so-wonderful update on the happenstances of my life:
Med School Rejections:
Mayo Medical School
Case Western Reserve University
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Science Internship Rejection:
ProNAi labs
Any if not at all acceptances:
Microbiology teaching assistant position

I feel so incredibly transparent and worthless. Yea I'm smart...but what the HECK does that mean in the context of it all? Nobody seems to want me! I'm just lost as to how I can finally go about and start making something of myself. And it's hard. You know what I most want? I want to be able to do all of the following:
1. successfully have classes @ WMU
2. work @ S2 lab
3. TA
4. Work at a mahvelous pharmaceutical company
5. Get accepted to a gorgeous med school

None of the last two have occured yet. *hmm* *wonders why*

L O S E R
*that is all* :(

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

*makes angry face at you*

You are so not a loser! I don't know you very well but I do know that you are INSANELY smart. And a lovely person (that would be all of your person, inside and out).

Now, I will not make any more angry faces at you (because I KNOW how intimidating they are) as long as you stop calling yourself a loser.

Roadblocks... lets just refer to bad things in life as roadblocks... and you just have to get a nice big wheeled - 4 wheel drive vehicle to drive over them =D

Anonymous said...

p.s. the title of your post is very witty. *applauds*

Boomer said...

OH MY GOD IT'S KATE IN SHRUTI'S BLOG I LOVE IT LET'S THREESOME!!! :D :D

Don't get discouraged Shruti--I'll tell you the same thing I told kate because it works in just about every situation--persistence will get you there. You ARE insanely smart, but just keep in mind that you're competing against a lot of insanely smart people, so don't ever think you're a loser. You will achieve your dreams, you just have to never give up chasing them.

*TONS OF AMORES*

Boomer said...

AND HOLY CRAP I'M COMPLETELY DEPLETED OF STP.

shruts said...

*haha* aw dudes..correction, dudettes, THANK YOU! :) :) :)

I just feel absolutely worthless sometimes..like nobody really cares but your friends and family you know? But the truth of the matter is that you have to prove to yourself and to others how good you really are, and its difficult to do that, because that entitles experience (at which I seemingly suck butt).

Speaking of butts, I TOTALLY agree on the threesome. ;) *lots of giggles and sexy kisses*

Anonymous said...

aaahahaha naughty girls. =P

At least I stopped making my angry face at you =D The relief you must be feeling right now must be INTENSE.

shruts said...

*haha* that it is, indeedy. :D