Monday, July 24, 2006

technological singularity

From God Slashdot:
NPR is releasing a series on the 'technological singularity' defined by God Wikipedia as:
"hypothetical "event horizon" in the predictability of human technological development. Past this event horizon, following the creation of strong artificial intelligence or the amplification of human intelligence, existing models of the future cease to give reliable or accurate answers. Futurists predict that after the Singularity, posthumans and/or strong AI will replace humans as the dominating force in science and technology, rendering human-specific social models obsolete."

What do you think? Are we nearing this so called Singularity? Is there such a thing? How far away from it do you think we are from it? What would that mean for the human race?

O and I found this...it explains everything...

Your Birthdate: December 17

You tend to find yourself lucky - both in business and in life.
And while being wealthy is nice, you enjoy sharing your abundance with others.
You put your luck to good use: you are very ambitious and goal oriented.
Often times, you get over excited and take on more than you can manage.

Your strength: Your ability to make your own luck

Your weakness: Thinking you can do it all

Your power color: Bronze

Your power symbol: Half Moon

Your power month: August


Hmmm...my power month is August...I'm SERIOUSLY going to need that! :D

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want a power month!

shruts said...

*haha* you can HAVE one! I'll make one for you when you get here! :D Hope its just as delicious as your strawberry smoothie!

Boomer said...

You guys havin' smoothies without me??

shruts said...

yup...you're going to be left out in the cold..get it? COLD! HAHAHAHA *evil laughter*

Boomer said...

My brain exploded. Now I'll fail out of pharm school. THANX. ;)

shruts said...

o man! does that mean you wouldn't have to leave? *innocent puppy look*

Boomer said...

Haha, I could only hope.

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»