Friday, April 07, 2006

techie losses

Hmm..I lost my iPod charger yesterday. I sat at the library and charged it at one of their computers. I had a physics test right after and probably just like ran out. Took my physics test, and after about 8 hours I realized that I should probably charge my iPod. Well, it wasn't in any of my backpack pockets, nor my purse. *FREAK OUT* Heart races, I panic. I'm in the middle of my experiment, sweating like a pig that I lost my iPod charger. I'm shaking. Literally. I'm just like, ok just get done with this, just FINISH! I called the library at their lost and found...um, the dude runs down and checks some computers for me and is like, 'it isn't there.' I pause. I gracefully thank him and then curse a million times as I put the phone down.*&^D%$%$#D%#@# I seriously hope he didn't hear me.

So this morning I check my physics classroom, check lab again, and I walk down every single stair I thought I had climbed yesterday. And went into every bathroom imaginable..I hadn't realized how enormous a role bathrooms play in our lives! I basically just walked down every single sidewalk in Western staring at everything and anything white...chewing gum, shoes, shirts. Ya, if you passed me, you'd get the 'you got white on you?' stare. I crossed my fingers as I entered the library and said a small prayer, again, what is UP with the whole 'prayer in distress' thing?! Well, it worked. :)

I found it, right there..at the same computer..someone was working on it too. I'm sooooo HAPPY that nobody took it! I said a silent thank-you to all the people who had used that computer and had not even touched it (and ofcourse cursed at the dude that said it wasn't there and freaked me out!) One day, this one dude in my Quant class just like walked in with this sweet little digital camera, it even shot video. And apparently he found it at some party, and knew who it kind of belonged to but decided to keep it. I mean WHO DOES THAT?!!! That's just wicked..but thats honestly life. Thank you to all such people out there who respect others property. Truly. You do not understand how much a person is relieved to find something valuable like that. Especially people like me who seriously either break, magically make disfunctional, or loose their most important technological properties.

Seriously, I have a HUGE tendency to break things related to technology when I first get them. I remember when I was in 8th grade my dad got me this super-awesome Minolta camera at Amsterdam. I loved that thing. So when I went back to India, I obviously wanted to take pictures..and I really really wanted on of my grandma. So I stood up on the desk, and unfortunately stood too close to the edge..well, you know what happened. I FELL. *CRASH*..o no, everyone was not even worried about me. I think I sprained my ankle. No...they were worried about the SERIOUSLY million trillion pieces of the lens EVERYWHERE across the room!!!!! :o I got yelled at sooooo much! We sent it back for repairs, honestly, it was BEYOND REPAIR!!! So they sent us a totally new Minolta..which to this day I cherish with my heart. I try not to stand on tables now. And when my dad got his computer, everytime I sat at it it would hang. No kidding. The minute i'd call my dad it'd start magically working. What is wrong with me? :%

I currently am still looking for my cell phone charger. Me: stares at you: 'you got black on you?' Ya, I'm bad. I mean...baaaad. ;)

No comments: