Saturday, November 27, 2010

talking girls & whacky wishes

For all those who love new tunes, the new Girl Talk album "All Day" is bawllin' yo! And, its free to download online!!! I highly recommend it for all your savvy dance moves this hot winter. ;)

I'm on my OB/Gyn rotation right now, and I cannot tell you how incredibly amazed I am at what I've experienced so far! I mean whoas - witnessing births is the most gruesomely awesome thing I have ever experienced so far!!! It's really hard to describe the sheer terror and respect you go through in such profound moments when mom's yelling at a clueless yet worried looking dad mid-push to stop asking her "Can I do anything for you, babe?!" I've had some dads think they can make it through the process, but right when mom wants dad to get pictures of the baby dad begins to feel lightheaded and has to "lie down." Just as kiddo's blood flow gets going, dad's starts to fade...so in advance for all those future dads out there - ain' no place for being macho during labor! My role is pretty critical so far - I just, you know, have to make sure NOT TO DROP THE BABY! O.o It's actually quite difficult because they're flying out of control right from the get-go! haha. My favorite part is letting them cut the cord; they stare at me eyes glaring as if to say "Really?! Ew? But Whoaaa?!"

Apart from OB, much of what I've been doing is Gynecology, for which I have no words. Ask me sometime in person, and maybe I'll let slip a few expressions.

I also had a chance to enjoy some serious Indian food (dot not feather)! Until December rolls around the corner, I'm going to be making my wish list. :)

"Hey, this is radio station W-S-K-E-E
We're takin' calls off the wish line
Making all your wacky wishes come true

Hello
I wish I was little bit taller,
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a girl [boy] who looked good
I would call her [him]
I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
and a '64 Impala"

No comments: