Saturday, May 15, 2010

breaking

Well, this is ironic. This morning I broke my first wooden board. O.o I'll be honest - I was practicing on a plastic one a couple of times and then got into a conversation about how different it might be to do so on a wooden one (considering which way the fibers run, blah blah). And so, my instructor disappeared and reappeared with a real wooden board and asked me to break it. haha!

I kind of just stared at it in brief horror. I mean - me against SOLID WOODEN BOARD.

I could hear my instructor say "Nothing but confidence." And then I did it. :)

Today, I broke a wooden board. It didn't hurt, it was not half as difficult as I thought it would be, and it certainly was not worth fretting over because despite my insecure feelings about my competency I was prepared.

Now - it's time for me to break The Boards. As Dubs said, "The Board exam is shaking in its boots right now." hahahahaa! :D

No comments: