Saturday, January 30, 2010

lymphangioleiomyomatosis

Ok, so obviously best friends think alike. I have a ginormous exam on the kidneys and urogenital tract tomorrow morning at 7:30am. So what am I doing instead? Bloggin' ofcourse! *skip*



I think the world should see some keywords that are supposedly "easy" to remember, so here is a fun *FUN* (enter sarcasm) list:

tram track
intimal thickening
basket weave
wireloop
spikes
subepithelial humps
mesangial immune complexes
thin cortex
fibrin strands
effacement of podocytes
crescents
ribbon like
linear
granular
collapsing variant
flea bitten kidney
onion skinning
acute suppurative inflammation
papillary necrosis (differences?)
calyces damage
fibrinoid necrosis
tubular atrophy and diffuse interstitial fibrosis
osteoblastic lesions
U shaped depressions?  (shruti can you remind me of what this was?  chronic pyelonephritis?)
nephrogenic rest

I would love to hear what you make of it...

Also, this was a random conversation I had with myself:
i wish i were as smart as my kidneys...
kid - ney
ki -dney
k-idney
kidn-ey-ay?

Last week I got to participate in an Ultrasound Clinic - I got to see that:
1. I may not have a right kidney (we couldn't find it)
2. My uterus may be slightly misaligned
3. My heart is as big as a ping pong ball - aka. extremely tiny! OMG - it was like a butterfly fluttering! :)
Overall, I would say that was my favorite experience this year, so far (it's January though so I shouldn't limit myself eh?).

Last, but not least, I applied for a bunch of scholarships. *crossed fingers & toes*

p.s. For those of you who eat hot dogs -->

2 comments:

Michael Jiggidy Jordan said...

That My Humps video was the most depressing and entertaining thing I've seen in a while!

shruts said...

haha - yeah i thought it was really weird - but given the weirdness of the stuff we learn, it was acceptably funny. :)