Tuesday, June 24, 2008

the stairway

I was at the park today, and I don't know why this image strikes me as "interesting" because both are technically a part of nature - one created by humans and the other by trees.
I also had an epiphany. In looking at the butterflies I wondered why I couldn't fly. I learned from Douglas Adams that flying was "learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." Gravity sometimes makes that a bit difficult.

But if I am a part of everything, I am also the butterflies. I realized I COULD fly. Correction...I do fly! I do photosynthesize. I am those brilliant geniuses, the beggars on the street, the trashed bottle of juice in sunlit grass, those beautiful white butterflies, and stomata on the leaves. I am gravity, and the lack thereof. That is exactly what I am...anything, everything, every body, and no body.

Sidenote:
Apparently, people are beginning to get married in space. One guy's reaction to this wonderful news:

"Okay, but do you have to go back up to get divorced?
Posted by: Hamy June 24, 2008 at 01:40 AM"
*haaha* :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, that is a really good picture.

and haha - they should tell that guy that if he wants to get divorced he will have to go to the moon.

shruts said...

..how about PLUTO? :P that'd be kinky!