Wednesday, January 24, 2007

*wishes*

If I had three wishes, one of them would be this:

To be able to look up at the sky when gorgeous fluffy snow is falling! Why on planet earth do my eyes have to get retarded, bothered, and twitchy by those beautiful things floating around me?! Why on Zarquon can't I have the ability to see them falling from the sky?!

(Just some additional info: I'd also wish for more wishes, and wish that they come true) ;)

Life thus far has been...surprisingly busy. Seriously, I think the Spaghetti Monster's Noodly Appendage has graced my presence...meaning, I think it recognized all that white space and decided to scribble a bunch of random happenstances within it (excluding those which I most want). Translation: Even though I have 11 credit hours ONLY, I haven't been able to get a good night's sleep (more than 4 hours per night) because I've been extremely busy. (I guess wishes do come true in their own evil coniving ways) I really need to get a move on in terms of my research at Dr. Stapletons. O boy. DO I. I have no clue what I'm doing anymore and recently found out that probably the past 2 months of intense work at her lab have ended up as absolutely futile, because some RETARDED FUCKING ASSHOLE maintainance idiot decided to change the protocol I used for my assay. And what's better, it's been the SAME guy maintaining that machine for 24 years, and this is the FIRST time he's decided to change the machine's protocol, and what's even better, there's normally a flag that tells the machine what protocol to use (mine was 6, and it got changed to 8)...and THERE's NO FLAG FOR PROTOCOL 8!!!!!!!!! So, not only is my data invalid, but I can't even GET more data because the machine won't know what the heck it's doing.

*passes out*

Apart from that, there's other massive reading/study loads. Dr. Essani said yesterday that "the moment you think you know everything, you stop learning." And I think that happened to me. I got a 2.2/5 on my first Virology quiz. Yea, wow. (btw, EVERY point in that class is 1% of our grade) I just assumed that it was too easy for me and decided not to try. Peoples, it does not work that way. *woops* And my spanish class is kicking my butt because for the first time it's really difficult reading, but for the first time, I can actually handle it on my own without ANY dictionary! I just 'forget' to read the material though, which could be a problem I need to address pretty soon. My computer science class..well..*pft* What's left? *Aha* And I love pchem. Truly. I'm starting to like my professor, and I think it's because he's just as quirky, nerdy, unstoppingly conversational, and goofy as me. Did I mention smart? Yes, he's brilliant...like me. :)

And guess what that leaves me with? Othello. I've been reading Othello instead of nerdy science papers. *looks nerdily away* But these studies do also bring to mind something important:

"Iago: Tis in ourselves that we are thus, or thus. Our bodies are our gardens, to which our wills are gardeners; so that if we will plant nettles or sow lettuce, set hyssop and weed up thyme, supply it with one gender of herbs or distract it with many - either to have it sterile with idleness or manured with industry - why the power and corrigible authority of this lies in our wills." -Othello, Act I, Shakespeare

If my wish for more wishes came true, and if I made the said 'more wishes,' I would wish that each of us realize our will, and where we want to lead it (not where it chooses to lead us).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. The amount of stuff you have going on right now makes my head spin. I can't even process the information of all that you have to do, much less actually perform it myself. You are so smart!

Do I get some wishes? Can you send a few over my way =D

shruts said...

*sends you a gazillion wishes* ;D

Boomer said...

I wish I were closer to you both. :(

Anonymous said...

YEAY.

I wish for a neighborhood. And in this neighborhood we are going to put everyone that we like and are friends with. It's going to be the best DAMN neighborhood EVER. Thats right, I said damn. thats emphasis.

Boomer said...

Man, we could make our own gated community and only people we liked would be allowed to live there. What would we call it? OH MAN. Now I have to come up with something brilliant...

shruts said...

*coughs* Nerdville? *guilty nerd giggle*

Anonymous said...

we could call it care-a-lot
*giggles*

shruts said...

We should call it, um...The KatShruNanda Zone.


:D dudes...atleast i tried.

Anonymous said...

I LIKE it!! =D