Thursday, November 16, 2006

gobbledygook

We had a pretty intense discussion about advertisements in my political science class. It went something like this...

Some dudette: "Well, just like Phillip Morris tricked people into thinking that light cigarette's are bad for people, I think Mc Donalds and Burger King do the same with burgers."
Class: "WTF?!!"
Counterdude: (He probably thought: YOU IDIOT!, first) then went: "Think about how someone can die from second hand smoke. I don't think one can die from sitting next to someone eating a bigmac."

Walking out of class:

Karen: "I think I'm wearing too much clothes."
Me: "Yea, you should take them off. But then you'd be naked."
Karen: "Yea, and by the 'slippery slope' you're next to me so your clothes would automatically fall off of you too!"


:o

Just a sidenote: This is a translation of a mantra in sanskrit called the Gayatri Mantra:
"If the Sun is the source of Light to the Earth,
What is the source of power to the Sun?
Verily, a Flame, and the Flame that is greater than the Universe.
Can that Flame illumine my mind?
Why not, let me try and find!"

No comments: