Monday, October 02, 2006

Dreams of Jade


Life is....

Fantastic, wonderful, unpredictable, glorious, challenging, awesome, beautiful, full of love, and full of love.

I love life right now. Being away from some of my best friends has given me an insight as to how much I love and miss them. I miss Amanda most of all. Everytime I read her blog, my eyes tear up, and my throat hurts like HELL. *haha* Why does that happen? Physiologically...WHY does the throat hurt so much when you want to cry but don't let yourself? *thinks deeply*

I also got to go to the University of Michigan this weekend! OMG. It was AMAAAAAZZIINNGGG. I'm pretty sure if I got accepted there I'd go in a nanosecond..correction...picosecond! (except if I got 'accidentally' accepted into Mayo or Johns Hopkins :) ) I have finally realized that my passion has always resided within me..and I'm glad I doubted my motives/future. I doubted whether I should pursue MD/MD-Phd. But now I'm sure. I want to be a doctor. No amount of persuasion could change that. MD-PhD is 80% research, which leaves barely 20% to clinical experiences/patient care. I love research. But seriously, if I wanted to do research, I'd have decided a long time to pursue a PhD instead. Why spend 8 years of my life devoted to research with a 'clinical' setting..I'm pretty sure a PhD alone would let me do that too. But I've always loved patient interaction..and a pretty humongous part of me now wants to think about pediatrics..It'd be awesome! And I LOVE kids! *swoons* :)

I'm going for the MD.

I feel so enlightned. So inspired by my struggle to reach this far. This week was Navratri, an indian festival where we spend 9 nights praying and celebrating with our Gods. Its in moments like these where I realize how unique I am. I love my culture, my religion, but I also love the other religions I've been exposed to..christianity. And I cannot live without Science. I have a religion/faith of my own. I love my family, and I love my friends. I couldn't live without this moment. So I'm really glad it happened. What took so long? Life is a challenge.

And I can finally dream of space...dreams of Jade.

2 comments:

Boomer said...

Ok, so what I was going to say before I realized I couldn't comment in your blogger anymore was--did you draw that drool-worthy dragon picture? That's awesome! And speaking of drawings, are you going to send me that sketch of a tree you drew that I like so much? If you don't soon I might just wilt away with anticipation--and you don't want that to happen do you? ;)

shruts said...

AHAHAHAHA...nope..i'm not THAT good to draw that awesome dragon picture amanda..every time I TRY to draw a dragon, um, it ends up being a haystack. :) and omg...i'd better get my pics to you soon..i'm SO sorry for the delays, it was just a test of your faith...as soon as i get home i'm sending it to your gmail account! :D *BIGGEST HUG*