Monday, June 12, 2006

a tribute to Dumbledore

*bows before white tomb*

So I finally finished reading all Harry Potter books on Saturday...and I absolutely am amazed! *looks dazed* I cried. I cannot believe, and I hate to spoil it for you who have not yet enjoyed the books, that Dumbledore is gone. Just when it had been established that both Harry and Dumbledore would pursue their quest together...avada kedavra. *poof* And I cannot WAIT to find out what Harry will do next?!!! I mean, will he really leave Hogwarts? If so, how CAN there be a 'seventh year?'

I cannot imagine how much INCREDIBLE imagination JK Rowlings has in order to create such a magnificient world of magic! Every single detail matters, something that I really didn't expect. But it makes me wonder though, and I begin to question that wouldn't it be SO COOL for such a world to actually exist? I mean wouldn't it? And what IF it really does?..and we were just Muggles completely oblivious to that world? *pause* But then again, I slap myself across the face to realize that I need to wake up, and take a good look at the real world, where we transport ourselves on solid ground in boring little things called cars for which we barely have any fuel left on earth, where the closest thing to magic seems to be David Blane who spends 6 minutes underwater (whereas with gillyweed you could do so for an entire hour, and wouldn't THAT be a world record?!), and the closest representation of Voldemort would be scheming politicians. *squirms*

Lately, I SERIOUSLY ride my bike only to get the chance to feel like I'm on a broomstick! *wee* AMAZING! I seriously wish I were a witch, and thinking about that, I think I'd be a lot like Hermione, you know, all studious, but very helpful in times of need. :) (Actually, I don't really KNOW how 'helpful' I am in times of need.)

Anywho, life has thus far become a lot more complex than Harry Potter and Voldemort. I really need help deciding what to do. I cannot seem to make up my mind! I mean, shouldn't I KNOW? Shouldn't I KNOW if I want to pursue only an MD or an MD/PhD?!!! Why is it not an intrinsic part of my identity by now? By now meaning, TWO MONTHS away from filling out applications!!!!!!! On the one hand, my ENTIRE family in India cannot wait for me to become a surgeon, thats it, a surgeon. I mean its a HUGE pride to behold in my family! And I've come to LOVE that I love surgery, and I've come to LOVE that my family WANTS that for me! And now, there's THIS OTHER option...MD/PhD...where I spend a good 6-7 years getting that degree, but the PhD apprenticeship will help me pay for my MD, and after getting the degree I'd have to complete my residency and postdoc, and THEN WHAT? Most of them end up teaching, or becoming administrative people...I mean DO I WANT THAT? It's considered more prestigious and more challenging than just MD...but I absolutely can see myself doing both!!!! I mean... WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?!!!!!

O my gosh. I need some Felix Felices.

4 comments:

Boomer said...

OMGOSH!! I can't wait to discuss Harry-ness with you tomorrow. I have so many theories that I'm very excited to devulge.

We can talk about your undetermined future as well--I'm SO good at talking about undetermined futures.

:*

shruts said...

ok, from what i remember, we spoke of NEITHER! *AAAAAA* I'm going crazy with all this pent up knowledge..i have to SHARE. :) Dude..its at 189!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boomer said...

So I was looking through the Human Phys. textbook tonight while working on my respiratory lab report, and I flipped to a page where you had written your name in cursive several times. I swooned. :*

shruts said...

SERIOUSLY?!!! I don't even remember! Do I have any hearts by some dude's name too? I TEND to do that with my ever-changing crush list. :)