Friday, April 21, 2006

*aaaalegra*

Woa dudes, allergy season has most definitely started. And my Allegra prescription had most definitely ended. Today, I spent a majority of the time with my tissue friends...sneezing. *ech*

So I went to Sindecuse to get it refilled but found out that I'd only get an appointment 6 hours later..and my allergies were so frikkin' aweful that I HAD to do something about it before I passed out of massive sinus inflammation and congestion! So I got some Claritin..dudes, it doth NOT work!!! At least for me. I still sneezed, runny nosed, and itched my eye balls out! Man! Its bad for me. And my allergies are really really strange in that they only start bothering me as soon as I get indoors...but when I'm outside I'm fine, and can breathe a lot easier. Maybe its an outdoor trigger that only affects me when I get indoors as in a delayed response. Or maybe its just indoor allergies..but why does it not bother me during the winter if that is so? Anywho, I went to Sindecuse again to get the refill, and ended up with an Indian doctor..what are the odds? heh. And it astounds me how doctors can only spend 10 minutes with their patients! OMG!!! What kind of care is that? Are we not supposed to help patients the best way possible? WHY can we NOT spend more time with our patients to FULLY help them out? WHY? Why are we so limited to do our job the best way possible? Isn't that what we set out to do..to help those in need the best possible way? *eesh* Well, after checking my sinuses and flippin' out about how my sinuses DEFINITELY showed an allergic response he prescribed me a refill..and I scurried down the maze of hallways to the prescription desk. Well, who else would I find there? The lady at the front desk goes "Sorry Amanda, you're going to have to come up here." I cannot tell you how excited I was to hear that name! O man! I think I was salivating! *haha* ;) No..I was pretty excited though. And Amanda coolly comes walking down looking around surrounded by a daze of drugs..until her eyes finally land on me and her expression was unforgettable! Like.."woa..how's SHE end up here?" *shocks* It was a great moment. A holy moment.

On another note, MCATs are tomorrow. *major shifty eyes* I don't really care. Fine, say what you want. I don't care. Simply because I don't care how well or bad I do on this one. I'm only being honest. I know what my potential is. And I know I had already set my sights on the August MCAT to do my very best, no matter what the circumstance. So I'm not worried. But what I am worried about is a major decision in my life. Dr. Stapleton has been really trying to convince me to pursue the MD-PhD program than just the MD. Its really competitive, not to mention it would totally fund my entire med school education! Thats the biggest thing. The only strange thing about MD-PhD is that those with such degrees end up teaching, or becoming the head of a hospital. Meaning that 75% of their time is spent on research/ teaching, and only about 10% on clinical aspects of their degree. That sucks. Majorly! I mean, I LOVE to teach..you should see me! I LOVE to share knowledge and enlighten the world with my epiphanies. But I don't want to sacrifice that love for a greater one, which is to pursue a surgical profession..to just experience that fully! I WANT surgery to be THE MAJOR part of my life, and research secondary, no matter HOW MUCH I LOVE IT! I LOVE them both!!! Unfortunatley, I just cannot define and decide which one I must sacrifice for my future. And every other person tells me a different thing. And now, I'm really confused. *looks dazed*

3 comments:

Boomer said...

Hey! I filled your allegra for you too! If you look on your bottle my initials are on it. :D

shruts said...

*flips out* AWESOME *&6%$#@!^> I'm going to preserve that bottle. :) *haha* and when you become literally a 'master' at filling bottles and world famous at it..i'll o just remind the whole world that i know you! And gain tons of fame from barely mentioning your name. :)

Boomer said...

HAHAHA *amores*